Forms are an essential part of any website, allowing businesses to gather information from their clients or customers. Here are the steps for creating forms on client websites for small and large businesses:
- Determine the purpose of the form: Before creating the form, it’s important to determine what information you need to collect and why. This will help you determine the type of form you need to create and what fields should be included.
- Design the form: You can start designing the form. This involves adding fields for the information you need to collect and determining the layout and styling of the form.
- Add validation: Validation is an important aspect of forms as it ensures that the information being submitted is accurate and complete. You can add validation to fields in your form builder, such as required fields, character limits, and email or phone number format validation.
- Integrate with a database or CRM: Once your form is designed, you may want to store the data it collects in a database or a customer relationship management (CRM) system. This will allow you to easily access and analyse the data for future use.
- Test the form: Before launching the form, it’s important to test it to make sure it works properly and is easy for users to fill out. This involves submitting test submissions to the form and checking for any errors or issues.
- Publish the form: After testing, you can publish the form on your website, either by embedding it directly into the website or by creating a link to the form.