Securing a WordPress website requires multiple steps and ongoing maintenance. Here are some steps to secure your WordPress website:
- Keep your WordPress software, plugins, and themes up to date.
- Use a strong password and two-factor authentication for all user accounts.
- Regularly backup your website files and database.
- Limit login attempts to prevent brute-force attacks.
- Disable file editing from the WordPress dashboard.
- Use an SSL certificate to encrypt data transmitted over the internet.
- Keep plugins and themes from untrusted sources to a minimum.
- Regularly scan your website for malware.
- Keep your hosting server software up to date and secure.
These are just a few steps to secure a WordPress website. Ongoing website maintenance and staying aware of security threats are important to keep your website secure.